One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in sports) inside the regular playing area.
- ‘If he makes a mistake in the previous game, such as running a route short of its proper depth or not getting both feet in bounds, he'll be cognizant of it during practice the following week.’
- ‘Why shouldn't replay help decide whether he didn't land in bounds because of the tackle or because of his own momentum?’
- ‘As long as any portion of the ball is in bounds, you can play this shot.’
- ‘The official on the field ruled the catch good, but TV replays showed Johnson's elbow landed out of bounds before his second foot came down in bounds.’
- ‘When someone has to throw the ball in bounds, they only have 5 seconds to do so, or the other team gets the ball.’
- ‘Proehl leaped, caught it, and kept both feet in bounds.’
- ‘Replays showed Johnson landed two feet in bounds.’
- ‘The passer immediately steps in bounds, preferably on the block.’
- ‘This way, when I pass the ball in bounds, the defense has to find their man and react to the situation.’
- ‘You throw the ball in bounds safely, and your player hugs the basketball and awaits the foul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.