One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On a large scale; with great enthusiasm.‘he contributed to the project in a big way’‘they went for it in a big way’
- ‘People, especially those in the bigger cities, are investing in a big way in mutual funds.’
- ‘It is a wonderful example of how Canadian films are breaking into new territory in a big way.’
- ‘If the project takes off in a big way, the potential for a more realistic movie experience may not be very far off.’
- ‘Of course, their cause was aided in a big way by one of the biggest corporations around.’
- ‘That affected me in a big way - I think I'm only now beginning to come to terms with it.’
- ‘We are told that corporates have taken to such dance lessons in a big way.’
- ‘The spiralling unemployment rate has resulted in the frustrated youth taking to crime in a big way.’
- ‘Apologies for last week, but lethargy and apathy set in in a big way.’
- ‘That which was not necessarily noticed in a big way would suddenly become the focus of everybody's attention.’
- ‘The Internet's traditional advantages come to play in a big way to make it an effective way to meet people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.