Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
attributive Denoting an activity or process that takes place during school hours or on school premises.‘an in-school method of assessment’
- ‘It offers enrichment and breadth to offset any narrowing within the in-school curriculum.’
- ‘You see, there is the in-school competition and whoever wins that goes to compete against the other district winners.’
- ‘Each includes an idea for an in-school project, as well as questions for debate and discussion, along with a short introduction.’
- ‘These are paired with environmental education, including in-school activities and a week-long conservation camp.’
- ‘Families got involved through the poetry competition and there was also an in-school competition held amongst the students to come with the best slogan for the campaign.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.