One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An in-line skater.
- ‘As an old-hand, long-distance road skater I was keen to try anywhere where in-liners were actually encouraged.’
- ‘Nope, it's not a porn store, but a shop and park that caters to skaters, BMXers and in-liners.’
- ‘Medford had the most traffic of all the parks we hit, lots of riders, in-liners and bikes.’
- ‘Immediately, in-liner and cool kid Matt Salerno aired off a quarter and did the first ever Scooby-Dooby soul grind on ‘top’ of the Great Wall.’
- ‘Hull also has great resources for in-liners, mile upon mile of smooth tarmac cycle tracks.’
- 1.1 An in-line skate.
- ‘Naturally I started on skates, though being June, they were in-liners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.