One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being impudent; impertinence.‘his arrogance and impudence had offended many’
impertinence, insolence, effrontery, cheek, audacity, temerity, brazenness, shamelessness, immodesty, pertnessView synonyms
- ‘The impudence and the irony of the attack can escape no one.’
- ‘Yet she could not help herself and paid dearly for this impudence.’
- ‘She had the impudence to get impatient, tapping her fingers on the desk, and tidying empty bags as she waited.’
- ‘She sashays with admirable impudence into the back quarters of the salon.’
- ‘‘Yes,’ the queen replied, curtly, still ruffled by her husband's impudence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.