One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that evokes admiration through size, quality, or skill.‘he has performed impressively in recent games’‘an impressively sized room’
- ‘The jockey urged on the two-year-old just after the three-furlong mark and he won impressively by five lengths.’
- ‘The film impressively uses CGI effects to transform the bodies of its actors' flesh into something more malleable.’
- ‘In the case of Argentina, the recovery was impressively quick.’
- ‘Impressively, Harold's men marched from York to London, a distance of over 200 miles, in just seven days.’
- ‘The book is lucidly written and impressively researched.’
- ‘Oddly, this is perhaps the most "normal" role she has played in an impressively eclectic career.’
- ‘The music tracks have been impressively restored.’
- ‘Most impressively, he delivers the majority of his performance through his eyes.’
- ‘The film stands up impressively given its age.’
- ‘Standing impressively alone in the central gallery is the partially reconstructed foyer of the Strand Palace Hotel in London.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.