One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As one acquaintance remarked, Pater cultivated ‘a wise, grave passiveness, a gentle susceptibility, a kind of soft impressionability… I never remember a single unkind criticism or remark ’.’
- ‘Do you really want to exist in a state of constant intense impressionability?’
- ‘Traditional astrology considers the Moon a significator of change, fickleness and easy impressionability; and yet few astrologers would dare to disregard its powerful influence upon earthly events.’
- ‘The display is not on the grounds of a public school, where, given the impressionability of the young, government must exercise particular care in separating church and state.’
- ‘The alleged superior receptiveness or impressionability of the little girl endows her with a fluidity of viewpoint particularly suited to the urban environment and with a greater capacity to sustain and recode the shocks it affords.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.