One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When considering whether a public sewer is appropriate, the Agency has to have regard to the practicability or, as here, impracticability of other solutions.’
- ‘This plan foundered more through the sheer impracticability of the proposals than obstruction by officials.’
- ‘Then practicability is merely one consideration among others; here the onus is on the employer to prove impracticability, and if he cannot the additional award will be made (Freemans plc v Flynn ).’
- ‘Also excluded from consideration were the impracticability, cost or difficulty of identifying the potentially harmful agent and taking preventive measures, and the potential social benefits of the product.’
- ‘The limitation of impracticability will apply, for example, in a situation of public disorder, where the number of searches to be conducted, or the general situation, will effectively preclude the keeping of records.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.