Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of putting a decision or plan into effect; execution.‘she was responsible for the implementation of the plan’
execution, application, carrying out, carrying through, performance, enactment, administrationfulfilment, fulfilling, discharge, accomplishment, achievement, realization, contrivance, prosecution, effectingenforcement, impositioneffectuationView synonyms
- ‘It is fairly easy to do this with the aid of the abstract implementations provided by the Java platform.’
- ‘The following implementations are either no longer available or their URLs have moved.’
- ‘Below are some implementations in progress or completed.’
- ‘Designs must not only incorporate the latest power management in the logic design phase, but these techniques need to be automated during the implementation phase.’
- ‘This sample source is only one possible design example, and it may or may not correspond to an implementation delivered with any particular computer system product.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.