One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After Constantine, Christianity was used to justify war upon pagans and those decried as having acted impiously.’
- ‘And so death is meted out to all those who rebel against Nature impiously, because they know the things that are.’
- ‘Do not permit them to return or think of returning again to the place which they so impiously and sacrilegiously destroyed, lest worse may come.’
- ‘It's blasphemy to speak impiously against (to rail, to vilify, to revile) God, the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘But it's the more freewheeling entries that best suggest something else to treasure: how impiously most of these '60s-based writers conceived the craft of criticism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.