One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After Constantine, Christianity was used to justify war upon pagans and those decried as having acted impiously.’
- ‘But it's the more freewheeling entries that best suggest something else to treasure: how impiously most of these '60s-based writers conceived the craft of criticism.’
- ‘And so death is meted out to all those who rebel against Nature impiously, because they know the things that are.’
- ‘It's blasphemy to speak impiously against (to rail, to vilify, to revile) God, the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘Do not permit them to return or think of returning again to the place which they so impiously and sacrilegiously destroyed, lest worse may come.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.