One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thermal effects of clothing on users are related to the weight, the bulk, the sweat impermeability, and the basic thermal properties of the fabrics.’
- ‘Because the photodamaged lysosomes still maintained the impermeability to sucrose, both the normal and photodamaged lysosomes suffered the same degree of osmotic stress in the hypotonic sucrose medium.’
- ‘He contrasts this with the impermeability of the anti-absorptive text, which produces ‘artifice, boredom, exaggeration, attention scattering, distraction, digression’.’
- ‘Surface run-off is due to the impermeability of exposed rocks, steepness of the slopes, and thinness of the soils; this causes great variability of stream flow.’
- ‘Pedestrian access and routes have also been improved; this was an important consideration, given the site's impermeability (enmeshed by motorways and slip roads) and that many staff will arrive on foot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.