One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
peril, hazard, risk, jeopardy, endangerment, insecurityView synonyms
- ‘Nonnative species, which often thrive when large tracts of land are cleared and graded for new housing developments, contribute to the imperilment of 46 percent of California's endangered and threatened wildlife.’
- ‘The twist here is that the process of social derivation occurs against a still wider imperilment of identity, adding a degree of defiance and even struggle to the act of self-expression.’
- ‘The alleged anguish adult Americans feel over the imperilment of our young is not really about young Americans at all.’
- ‘For example, a recent report in California indicates that road construction contributes to the imperilment of 84 of the 286 species listed in the state as threatened or endangered under the federal Endangered Species Act.’
- ‘Terrain elements cannot be always seen as an imperilment in combat action (this results from lack of knowledge of both terrain itself and its characteristics) nor can it be ignored even in the course of command and staff games.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.