One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nation-states have proliferated out of what since Rome were imperialistically colonized tribes.’
- ‘Membership included Liberal Imperialist MPs, a number of Fabians, Liberal landowners, imperialistically minded journalists, and nonconformist ministers.’
- ‘Feminism is seen as a product of U.S. culture, imperialistically imposed upon Puerto Ricans.’
- ‘He could also be said to be imperialistically imposing Western categories on other cultures.’
- ‘George Curzon and Rudyard Kipling may have been "imperialistically arrogant," but they were also "culturally humble."’
- ‘In India, local sentiment insists that Bombay is now Mumbai, Madras is Chennai, and Calcutta now Kolkata: three cities that were essentially developed (admittedly exploitatively and imperialistically) by the British.’
- ‘We are attempting to be culturally sensitive to local movements (ie, the Taliban) and trying to work within those frameworks - as opposed to imposing (acting imperialistically) our will on others.’
- ‘Under the new imperialistically minded leadership of Theodore Roosevelt as president, the army was reorganized along the lines of the major military powers of Europe.’
- ‘The U.S. attempt to return to isolation between 1919 and 1939 is interpreted as a misguided reaction to the discovery that Britain and France had imperialistically negotiated secret treaties during World War I.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.