One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jen noticed the sharp intake of breath Michael took when he realized she was standing next to him; his entire body tensed up and a look of impassiveness took over his face.’
- ‘I tried to keep my face a mask a perfect impassiveness, as he always did, but I knew I looked desperately hopeful.’
- ‘Mirrored on the inside face, with etched glass on the exterior, the 20 mm thick panels reflect the changing light and climatic conditions, creating a sense of calm impassiveness and slight mystery.’
- ‘This impassiveness or removal presents dilemma and difficulty when immediacy and accessibility has been anticipated.’
- ‘He displays an impassiveness throughout the book in his reactions to the people and events described in the book.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.