One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The partial or complete suppression of the immune response of an individual. It is induced to help the survival of an organ after a transplant operation.
- ‘The use of antilymphocyte antibody therapy for immunosuppression also enhances the likelihood and severity of infection in susceptible recipients.’
- ‘There was no clinical evidence of immunosuppression, and serum immunoglobulin levels and the results of a protein strip test were normal.’
- ‘It eliminates the need for a donor organ and immunosuppression.’
- ‘In the presence of immunosuppression, relapse is common and hence antimicrobial prophylaxis needs to be lifelong.’
- ‘Overall, hydrocortisone did not induce immunosuppression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.