One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine and biology concerned with immunity.
- ‘Advances in human genetics and immunobiology now provide an opportunity to capitalize on recent discoveries in basic immunology and cytokine biology.’
- ‘She earned a doctoral degree in immunology and natural killer cell biology at Ohio State University.’
- ‘New advances in molecular epidemiology, host mucosal immunology, and antifungal treatment have, however, enlivened investigation into this common condition.’
- ‘Apoptosis research continues and includes developmental biology, cancer research, genetics, immunology, and toxicology.’
- ‘Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.’
- ‘Neurocysticercosis offers interesting perspectives for research in immunology and parasitology.’
- ‘He has published several research articles on immunology, parasitology, and public health.’
- ‘Separate survey instruments were developed for microbiology, hematology, chemistry, immunology, and blood bank departments.’
- ‘If you decide to undertake allergen immunology, your child may begin receiving shots containing very small doses of allergen once or twice a week.’
- ‘Where they felt expert opinion was required, they consulted some of the most eminent experts in the field of transplantation immunology and general immunology both in Australia and overseas.’
- ‘He is an internationally recognized investigator in the areas of immunology, molecular biology, signal transduction and gene transcription.’
- ‘The university's laboratory of clinical immunology and molecular biology is named after him.’
- ‘As animal trypanosomes are easy to maintain in culture and multiply rapidly, they have evolved to become the models of researchers in the field of molecular parasitology and immunology.’
- ‘They utilized electron microscopy, biochemistry, and immunology to identify the biological properties of various cell fractions.’
- ‘The introduction of hybridoma technology has opened new vistas of research in immunology, diagnosis of infectious diseases, and purification of specific antigens.’
- ‘For his breakthrough work in immunology, Ehrlich, along with Elie Metchnikoff, received the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1908.’
- ‘Inoculation laid the groundwork for vaccination, immunology, and medical statistics.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.’
- ‘He is board certified in infectious diseases, allergy and immunology, and rheumatology.’
- ‘The instrument used was based on topics included in the Illinois study and updated by consulting current immunology and serology textbooks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.