One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine and biology concerned with immunity.
- ‘Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.’
- ‘They utilized electron microscopy, biochemistry, and immunology to identify the biological properties of various cell fractions.’
- ‘Inoculation laid the groundwork for vaccination, immunology, and medical statistics.’
- ‘Advances in human genetics and immunobiology now provide an opportunity to capitalize on recent discoveries in basic immunology and cytokine biology.’
- ‘The instrument used was based on topics included in the Illinois study and updated by consulting current immunology and serology textbooks.’
- ‘Where they felt expert opinion was required, they consulted some of the most eminent experts in the field of transplantation immunology and general immunology both in Australia and overseas.’
- ‘He has published several research articles on immunology, parasitology, and public health.’
- ‘As animal trypanosomes are easy to maintain in culture and multiply rapidly, they have evolved to become the models of researchers in the field of molecular parasitology and immunology.’
- ‘The introduction of hybridoma technology has opened new vistas of research in immunology, diagnosis of infectious diseases, and purification of specific antigens.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.’
- ‘If you decide to undertake allergen immunology, your child may begin receiving shots containing very small doses of allergen once or twice a week.’
- ‘Apoptosis research continues and includes developmental biology, cancer research, genetics, immunology, and toxicology.’
- ‘The university's laboratory of clinical immunology and molecular biology is named after him.’
- ‘Neurocysticercosis offers interesting perspectives for research in immunology and parasitology.’
- ‘He is an internationally recognized investigator in the areas of immunology, molecular biology, signal transduction and gene transcription.’
- ‘For his breakthrough work in immunology, Ehrlich, along with Elie Metchnikoff, received the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1908.’
- ‘Separate survey instruments were developed for microbiology, hematology, chemistry, immunology, and blood bank departments.’
- ‘New advances in molecular epidemiology, host mucosal immunology, and antifungal treatment have, however, enlivened investigation into this common condition.’
- ‘He is board certified in infectious diseases, allergy and immunology, and rheumatology.’
- ‘She earned a doctoral degree in immunology and natural killer cell biology at Ohio State University.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.