One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of proteins present in the serum and cells of the immune system, which function as antibodies.‘she was given intravenous immunoglobulin’count noun ‘they are susceptible to infection in spite of high concentrations of immunoglobulins’
- ‘The passive transmission of various antibodies from intravenous immunoglobulin has been reported.’
- ‘Each whey product varies in the amount of protein, carbohydrates, immunoglobulins, lactose, minerals, and fat in the finished product.’
- ‘Polyclonal immunoglobulins and other serum proteins were present in his urine.’
- ‘Breast milk contains a range of antimicrobial proteins, including immunoglobulins, lysozyme, and lactoferrin.’
- ‘Antibodies, or Y-shaped immunoglobulins, are proteins found in the blood where they help to fight against foreign substances called antigens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.