One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of proteins present in the serum and cells of the immune system, which function as antibodies.
- ‘Polyclonal immunoglobulins and other serum proteins were present in his urine.’
- ‘Each whey product varies in the amount of protein, carbohydrates, immunoglobulins, lactose, minerals, and fat in the finished product.’
- ‘Breast milk contains a range of antimicrobial proteins, including immunoglobulins, lysozyme, and lactoferrin.’
- ‘Antibodies, or Y-shaped immunoglobulins, are proteins found in the blood where they help to fight against foreign substances called antigens.’
- ‘The passive transmission of various antibodies from intravenous immunoglobulin has been reported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.