One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of proteins present in the serum and cells of the immune system, which function as antibodies.
- ‘Breast milk contains a range of antimicrobial proteins, including immunoglobulins, lysozyme, and lactoferrin.’
- ‘The passive transmission of various antibodies from intravenous immunoglobulin has been reported.’
- ‘Polyclonal immunoglobulins and other serum proteins were present in his urine.’
- ‘Antibodies, or Y-shaped immunoglobulins, are proteins found in the blood where they help to fight against foreign substances called antigens.’
- ‘Each whey product varies in the amount of protein, carbohydrates, immunoglobulins, lactose, minerals, and fat in the finished product.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.