Relating to or denoting substances able to produce an immune response.
- ‘This approach is valuable for rapidly screening antibody specificities and assessing protein orientation needed for optimal presentation of immunogenic determinants.’
- ‘The authors have put forward a concept of identifying specific protein subunits which are immunogenic and using them as diagnostic markers.’
- ‘Though viral vectors are highly efficient for this purpose, numerous efforts are done to develop synthetic vectors because they are less immunogenic and pathogenic.’
- ‘Our results suggest that on UV irradiation, arginine can induce certain conformational alterations in DNA rendering it immunogenic.’
- ‘Most of these proteins which contain peptide repeats are also immunogenic and the host produces significant amount of antibodies against these.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.