One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for detecting or measuring antibodies and antigens by their precipitation when diffused together through a gel or other medium.
- ‘The author performed immunoprecipitation with immunodiffusion, using Petri dishes that contained 15 ml of 1.2% agarose in a barbital buffer.’
- ‘Immunologic or antigenic fibrinogen can be quantitated by radial immunodiffusion or enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
- ‘Little impetus has existed for the development of modern enzyme immunologic assay methods, and most laboratories still perform commercial radial immunodiffusion methods to quantify the antigenic form of antithrombin.’
- ‘Radial immunodiffusion may be used as a means of demonstrating measurement of immunoglobulin levels.’
- ‘Twenty-four hours after treatment, leaves were ground with a mortar and the expressed leaf extract was analyzed for proteinase inhibitor concentrations by radial immunodiffusion as described previously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.