One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having an impaired immune system.‘immunocompromised patients’
- ‘The populations at risk are neonates, immunocompromised individuals, and patients predisposed by prior surgery or malignacy.’
- ‘The last is particularly common in the elderly and in immunocompromised patients undergoing anti-cancer chemotherapy.’
- ‘They rarely cause invasive disease, but can invade and disseminate in immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘Immunosuppressed or immunocompromised patients are at higher risk for contracting waterborne infections.’
- ‘Immune serum globulin has been used prophylactically and therapeutically against enteroviruses in neonates and immunocompromised patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.