Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having an impaired immune system.
- ‘Immune serum globulin has been used prophylactically and therapeutically against enteroviruses in neonates and immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘The last is particularly common in the elderly and in immunocompromised patients undergoing anti-cancer chemotherapy.’
- ‘Immunosuppressed or immunocompromised patients are at higher risk for contracting waterborne infections.’
- ‘They rarely cause invasive disease, but can invade and disseminate in immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘The populations at risk are neonates, immunocompromised individuals, and patients predisposed by prior surgery or malignacy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.