Having an impaired immune system.
- ‘The populations at risk are neonates, immunocompromised individuals, and patients predisposed by prior surgery or malignacy.’
- ‘Immunosuppressed or immunocompromised patients are at higher risk for contracting waterborne infections.’
- ‘Immune serum globulin has been used prophylactically and therapeutically against enteroviruses in neonates and immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘The last is particularly common in the elderly and in immunocompromised patients undergoing anti-cancer chemotherapy.’
- ‘They rarely cause invasive disease, but can invade and disseminate in immunocompromised patients.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.