Having a normal immune response.
- ‘Included in the patient population were immunocompetent adults receiving ventilatory support in hospital or long-term care settings.’
- ‘Five of the six reviews reported a statistically significant reduction in pneumococcal pneumonia and bacteraemia among immunocompetent adults who were not otherwise at increased risk.’
- ‘When infected, 99% of immunocompetent patients are asymptomatic after low inoculum exposure.’
- ‘Routine revaccination of immunocompetent persons previously vaccinated with 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine is not recommended.’
- ‘The fungus is capable of causing disseminated infection in immunocompetent hosts and is endemic to distinct geographic regions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.