A technique for analyzing or identifying proteins in a mixture, involving separation by electrophoresis followed by staining with antibodies.
- ‘The samples were processed by immunoprecipitation followed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.’
- ‘Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.’
- ‘Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.’
- ‘The specificity of this antibody towards wood peroxidases was confirmed by immunoblotting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.