Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique for analyzing or identifying proteins in a mixture, involving separation by electrophoresis followed by staining with antibodies.
- ‘Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.’
- ‘Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.’
- ‘Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.’
- ‘The samples were processed by immunoprecipitation followed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘The specificity of this antibody towards wood peroxidases was confirmed by immunoblotting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.