Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A procedure for detecting or measuring specific proteins or other substances through their properties as antigens or antibodies.‘these general principles can be applied to all immunoassays’‘the uses of immunoassay in industry’
- ‘The use of immunoassays that detect antibodies that bind to epitopes on the bacterial surface of the homologous infecting strain is important to detect potentially protective immune responses.’
- ‘Enzyme immunoassays for detecting chlamydial antigen and direct nucleic acid probe assays are the most widely used tests and can evaluate large numbers of samples.’
- ‘Many antibodies used in diagnostic immunoassays are derived from rabbits.’
- ‘This has important applications in protein chromatography, immunoassays for medical diagnostic tests, development of biosensors, biotechnology, and biocatalysis.’
- ‘In medical diagnostics, solid-phase immunoassays are used where immunoglobulins are immobilized on a substrate, which then form sandwichlike complexes with antigens.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.