One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A procedure for detecting or measuring specific proteins or other substances through their properties as antigens or antibodies.‘these general principles can be applied to all immunoassays’‘the uses of immunoassay in industry’
- ‘In medical diagnostics, solid-phase immunoassays are used where immunoglobulins are immobilized on a substrate, which then form sandwichlike complexes with antigens.’
- ‘Enzyme immunoassays for detecting chlamydial antigen and direct nucleic acid probe assays are the most widely used tests and can evaluate large numbers of samples.’
- ‘This has important applications in protein chromatography, immunoassays for medical diagnostic tests, development of biosensors, biotechnology, and biocatalysis.’
- ‘Many antibodies used in diagnostic immunoassays are derived from rabbits.’
- ‘The use of immunoassays that detect antibodies that bind to epitopes on the bacterial surface of the homologous infecting strain is important to detect potentially protective immune responses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.