One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A procedure for detecting or measuring specific proteins or other substances through their properties as antigens or antibodies.‘these general principles can be applied to all immunoassays’‘the uses of immunoassay in industry’
- ‘Enzyme immunoassays for detecting chlamydial antigen and direct nucleic acid probe assays are the most widely used tests and can evaluate large numbers of samples.’
- ‘The use of immunoassays that detect antibodies that bind to epitopes on the bacterial surface of the homologous infecting strain is important to detect potentially protective immune responses.’
- ‘This has important applications in protein chromatography, immunoassays for medical diagnostic tests, development of biosensors, biotechnology, and biocatalysis.’
- ‘In medical diagnostics, solid-phase immunoassays are used where immunoglobulins are immobilized on a substrate, which then form sandwichlike complexes with antigens.’
- ‘Many antibodies used in diagnostic immunoassays are derived from rabbits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.