Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Due to the flagellation constraint, the cost of reproduction (in terms of the amount of time spent in an immotile stage) increases with increasing colony size.’
- ‘A small number of the mutants in this class produced sperm that appeared immotile; most produced reasonable quantities of motile sperm.’
- ‘He showed that the amoeba Pelomyxa became immotile upon illumination, whereas the photosynthetic alga Euglena was attracted to light.’
- ‘Many of these immotile spermatids are dislodged from the spermatheca and swept away as oocytes parade through the reproductive tract.’
- ‘The immotile cilia lack the motor protein dynein, which is essential for their movement.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.