One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
immovable, unbudgeableView synonyms
- ‘The immotile cilia lack the motor protein dynein, which is essential for their movement.’
- ‘Due to the flagellation constraint, the cost of reproduction (in terms of the amount of time spent in an immotile stage) increases with increasing colony size.’
- ‘Many of these immotile spermatids are dislodged from the spermatheca and swept away as oocytes parade through the reproductive tract.’
- ‘A small number of the mutants in this class produced sperm that appeared immotile; most produced reasonable quantities of motile sperm.’
- ‘He showed that the amoeba Pelomyxa became immotile upon illumination, whereas the photosynthetic alga Euglena was attracted to light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.