One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to live forever; eternal life.‘eating the fruit gave the gods immortality’
eternal life, everlasting life, deathlessness, everlastingness, endlessness, perpetuitytimelessness, legendary statusView synonyms
- ‘The villain achieves a kind of immortality by using a device called the Lazarus Pit to rejuvenate his aged body.’
- ‘Later, in a remarkable and rare testament to sporting immortality, he gave his name to an entire housing development.’
- ‘No one can write a book aspiring to immortality, for it would then court both ridicule and certain mortality.’
- ‘The leaden poems have won him immortality as the world's worst poet and now he is to be cast in bronze.’
- ‘A less driven woman might have been content with such generous helpings of immortality, but she was not that placid woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.