One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or quality of being immoral; wickedness.‘he believed his father had been punished by God for his immorality’
wickedness, immoral behaviour, badness, evil, vileness, iniquity, corruption, dishonesty, dishonourablenessView synonyms
- ‘The corruption and immorality that pervades the exercise is astounding.’
- ‘No country, no state, has ever survived in history on the basis of evil and immorality.’
- ‘We did not and will not think for one moment to target them even if they were people of immorality and debauchery.’
- ‘This world is full of hope and joy, but it is also beset by evil, immorality and sin.’
- ‘But it may take two or three generations to get rid of this corrupt mentality and immorality of the present generation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.