One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the point of Christian martyrdom is not merely the immolation and glorification of individual bodies but the sustenance of a social body, the body of Christ.’
- ‘No-one was ever convicted for these deaths by immolation.’
- ‘Both see morally mandated personal development as a form of self-destruction, an immolation of one's desires and impulses for the sake of something extrinsic to the self.’
- ‘Female infanticide was common, and the practice of sati, the immolation of the wife on her husband's funeral pyre, was encouraged, sometimes even forced.’
- ‘The chaff that we most eagerly await the destruction of is the destruction of our own chaff, the immolation of that part of us that keeps us from seeing and following God as he truly is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.