One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The non-polar groups prefer to interact with each other, and exclude water from these regions, leading to immiscibility.’
- ‘Next, note that unsaturated lipids are not necessary for micron-scale immiscibility in bilayer membranes.’
- ‘Even if the proteins do cause immiscibility of fluid phases at 37°C, it seems unlikely that the effect explains their 10-fold acceleration of adsorption.’
- ‘Two processes can lead to the concentration of valuable commodities: liquid immiscibility and fractional crystallization.’
- ‘Familiar examples are the miscibility of alcohol and water and the immiscibility of oil and water, which can be explained by intermolecular interactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.