One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The non-polar groups prefer to interact with each other, and exclude water from these regions, leading to immiscibility.’
- ‘Next, note that unsaturated lipids are not necessary for micron-scale immiscibility in bilayer membranes.’
- ‘Familiar examples are the miscibility of alcohol and water and the immiscibility of oil and water, which can be explained by intermolecular interactions.’
- ‘Two processes can lead to the concentration of valuable commodities: liquid immiscibility and fractional crystallization.’
- ‘Even if the proteins do cause immiscibility of fluid phases at 37°C, it seems unlikely that the effect explains their 10-fold acceleration of adsorption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.