One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too large, extensive, or extreme to measure.‘immeasurable suffering’
incalculable, inestimable, innumerable, unfathomable, fathomless, indeterminable, measureless, untoldView synonyms
- ‘He also showed that it is not immeasurable: we can give a precise mathematical measure to how big it is.’
- ‘Radicalism hates moderation and measure, and compromise hates the immeasurable.’
- ‘The war was over, but the cost to ordinary people in human suffering was immeasurable.’
- ‘In this sense at least, I suppose he chose one form of immeasurable infinity over another.’
- ‘The rest of those twenty feet took eons to traverse, and it was immeasurable suffering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.