One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too large, extensive, or extreme to measure.‘immeasurable suffering’
incalculable, inestimable, innumerable, unfathomable, fathomless, indeterminable, measureless, untoldView synonyms
- ‘In this sense at least, I suppose he chose one form of immeasurable infinity over another.’
- ‘The rest of those twenty feet took eons to traverse, and it was immeasurable suffering.’
- ‘The war was over, but the cost to ordinary people in human suffering was immeasurable.’
- ‘Radicalism hates moderation and measure, and compromise hates the immeasurable.’
- ‘He also showed that it is not immeasurable: we can give a precise mathematical measure to how big it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.