One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The belief that material things have no objective existence.
- ‘There is less agreement on Berkeley's argumentative approach to idealism and immaterialism and on the role of some of his specific arguments.’
- ‘What had touched the world's hearts was the ethereal immaterialism of their secluded world and something primal in the music they sang.’
- ‘It is possible that Johnson was attempting to disprove immaterialism by the physicality of the stone and its action on his foot.’
- ‘The affinity between immaterialism and traditional religion is somewhat easier to understand.’
- ‘In 1709 he issued An Essay towards a New Theory of Vision, followed in the next year by The Principles of Human Knowledge, the main exposition of his immaterialism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.