One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From mesmerism and animal magnetism to theosophy and beyond, he chronicles with great seriousness attempts by modern artists to explore immanentist spiritualities.’
- ‘Texts are never just self-referential in the manner that a deconstructionist ‘immanentist’ reading understands them.’
- ‘But neither do the serious immanentists that deny the transcendent aspect of God, nor the serious transcendentalists who deny the imminent aspect of God.’
- ‘His analysis of religion and religious belief is, then, ‘immanentist.’’
- ‘The essay on has as its agenda both to demonstrate that an immanentist phenomenology is bound to fail, and to suggest the need for a phenomenology that opens up again the question of transcendence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.