One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The new magazine's managing editor promises information for both the seasoned wine drinker and the occasional imbiber.’
- ‘Cigar smokers and after-dinner imbibers reside next door in the even woodier Connoisseur Club.’
- ‘The site offers colourful graphics and specialty products such as T-shirts and glassware, as well as amusing quotations from some of absinthe's most famous imbibers.’
- ‘The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days.’
- ‘Lovely, to be sure, but if it wasn't accepted as being classic, it would upset those more obdurate imbibers with its bravura.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.