One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Without battling once more over the turf-claims for lyric or narrative, we can say lyric poetry is typically brief, its language is imagistic, its nature is deliberately symbolic, and its speaker is an individual.’
- ‘It subverts the rules of the rational world - the mainstream world - with its seemingly familiar form that is invaded by the irrational, the surreal, the magically real, the absurd, the imagistic, the truly symbolic.’
- ‘There's an awful lot of content in New York poets - in a way they're very figurative and imagistic.’
- ‘The first collection experiments with an imagistic style; as an English translation, however, it is awkward.’
- ‘Celia envisions her relationship with her granddaughter in similarly imagistic terms, which literalizes the cultural and psychic connection accomplished by dream work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.