One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's an awful lot of content in New York poets - in a way they're very figurative and imagistic.’
- ‘Celia envisions her relationship with her granddaughter in similarly imagistic terms, which literalizes the cultural and psychic connection accomplished by dream work.’
- ‘It subverts the rules of the rational world - the mainstream world - with its seemingly familiar form that is invaded by the irrational, the surreal, the magically real, the absurd, the imagistic, the truly symbolic.’
- ‘Without battling once more over the turf-claims for lyric or narrative, we can say lyric poetry is typically brief, its language is imagistic, its nature is deliberately symbolic, and its speaker is an individual.’
- ‘The first collection experiments with an imagistic style; as an English translation, however, it is awkward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.