One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then he walked slowly back down the street and resumed a discussion about the relative merits of rival translations of the French imagists.’
- ‘She also returns to meters the imagists eschewed.’
- ‘The Spectrists would join the imagists, vorticists, and other groups, but satirize them.’
- ‘But in the end, after its unmasking, Spectra didn't matter: the imagists had moved on anyway, and the hoax turned into a benign joke.’
- ‘The North American imagists, although stimulated by French symbolism, tended to use the metaphor sparingly and relied on a poetry of understatement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.