One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows creativity or inventiveness.‘an imaginatively designed apartment’‘they need to respond imaginatively to the challenges’
- ‘Her characterization is also imaginatively developed.’
- ‘The camera work is imaginatively handled throughout and the sound is vivid.’
- ‘The old railway bridge has been imaginatively renovated.’
- ‘They also imaginatively incorporate other architects' work.’
- ‘No movie has used computer graphics as imaginatively as this.’
- ‘It is unfortunate, because a public gallery may have been braver in their curating choices and sought to imaginatively represent her work from fresh perspectives.’
- ‘Student writers ought to be encouraged to use language imaginatively.’
- ‘He always uses color imaginatively.’
- ‘He has written especially imaginatively on the 15th and early 16th centuries.’
- ‘Imaginatively filmed in London, there's a lot of fun to be had spotting all the locations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.