Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A thickening of the epidermis of an insect larva, which, on pupation, develops into a particular organ of the adult insect.
- ‘The genital imaginal discs contain primordia for both male and female reproductive organs and the major function of the sex-determination pathway is to repress the opposite sex primordia.’
- ‘Because the dorsal body wall develops from the wing imaginal disc, data on thoracic body wall patterning are available in Drosophila.’
- ‘Why are imaginal discs present in some insects and not in others?’
- ‘The imaginal discs now develop into rudimentary adult appendages like wings, legs, and antennae.’
- ‘The adult eye develops from a monolayer of epithelial cells, the eye imaginal disc.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.