Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The analysis and manipulation of a digitized image, especially in order to improve its quality.
- ‘It is clear that the development of online journalism has created a demand for newsworkers who have new skills, particularly in HTML and digital image processing.’
- ‘The book finally touches on data storage, file formats and image processing which again could have been covered in more depth.’
- ‘As a computer engineering major, his main interests are in biomedical imaging systems and advanced image processing algorithms.’
- ‘High definition recording requires fast image processing speeds to ensure a clear, detailed picture, with virtually no loss of picture data.’
- ‘Another aspect of the invention distinguishes thin lines from edges more accurately, and thus often produces fewer visual artifacts, than prior image processing circuits.’
- ‘Each image was then transferred to a computer for image processing and analysis.’
- ‘Sophisticated microscopy, digital image processing, and computer-assisted analysis have now clarified these processes.’
- ‘When you start doing circuit layouts, math models and simulations, image processing and other engineering work, you need room.’
- ‘Here advanced image processing must be carried out to fly through windows and doors and to avoid collisions with obstacles.’
- ‘That's one of the reasons why some photographers and print makers bemoan the advent of desktop digital image processing.’
- ‘One example is a chapter on image processing and analysis that is rife with formulas and technical information beyond the scope of most readers.’
- ‘In addition, the scanning software comes with documentation, installation, and improvements to its scanning and image processing features.’
- ‘These algorithms find usefulness in image processing, rendering and compression.’
- ‘The digitized images were analyzed with image processing software (National Institute of Health public domain software).’
- ‘The sensors, combined with new image processing algorithms, have also allowed the group to make advances in important applications like reconstructive surgery.’
- ‘The image processing system receives and stores blocks associated with a second video frame in the DRAM.’
- ‘For instance, for the first time, visitors will find in Hall 1 a Digital Imaging Area, which will focus on topics such as digital photography and image processing.’
- ‘They took sets of 3 images at different spatial phases and combined them using standard image processing techniques.’
- ‘During the past 12 years, the company has innovated better and faster algorithms and technologies for image processing and barcode recognition.’
- ‘An image processing apparatus is also disclosed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.