One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reasoning or thought which is not logical.
- ‘This illogic was borrowed from my philosophy on the situation of being an only child: ‘they're my parents, they can't really be anybody else's.’’
- ‘But the layers of illogic continue to mount and amass, as the message becomes the medium and vice versa.’
- ‘The illogic and foolishness of his actions rushed back to him.’
- ‘With presidential campaigns fixated mostly on media, an array of nonstop spin takes its toll while illogic often takes hold: When heroes are absent, they're invented.’
- ‘Your illogic is easily ignored by those you are trying to ensnare.’
- ‘In a story about the new U.S. farm subsidy bill on NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday this weekend, we came across a stunning display of illogic.’
- ‘In all its myriad manifestations, the language of anti-Semitism through the ages is a dictionary of non-sequiturs and antonyms, a thesaurus of illogic and inconsistency.’
- ‘The declaration, however, seems doomed by its internal illogic.’
- ‘You thought that liberals fully displayed their illogic - and lack of understanding of liberty - with oppressive self-defense laws and gun laws?’
- ‘Certain bloggers revel in this kind of anfractuous illogic.’
- ‘He will be unlikely to surrender his illogic without a fight.’
- ‘Now he knows how junk science and illogic can confound reason and common sense.’
- ‘The illogic of the national delusion - that an India infused with Hindutva will finally succeed - must necessarily draw support from the historical past.’
- ‘And just look at this breathtaking bit of illogic from the official in charge.’
- ‘You've also threatened, or you've also mentioned that my relationship threatens my country and again I find that such a huge leap of illogic.’
- ‘This bit of illogic makes Focus hard to swallow from the get-go.’
- ‘In the end, I almost always enjoy movies with this kind of illogic.’
- ‘I only wish someone had pointed out that Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass are meditations on paradox and puzzle and illogic and on the strangeness of things, not templates for foreign policy.’
- ‘But the mantras actually promote Progressive values if you correct just one bit of raging illogic (probably deliberate).’
- ‘That's such a grand chain of illogic that it would make a madman blush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.