One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pleasure of seeing or reading about something disgusting in a book is different, because it creates a kind of private illicitness that can keep you turning the pages in search of the next disturbing thrill.’
- ‘How strong was your sense of its illicitness, the illicitness of this love?’
- ‘We're getting a kick from the illicitness, the donning of scarf and dark glasses and sneaking off for a day's shopping.’
- ‘The one carries the tag of illicitness, the other, the burden of tradition.’
- ‘While Sam seems to enjoy the illicitness of his desire for Marion, his feelings are not truly transgressive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.