One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unsuitable or inappropriate.‘the soil is ill-suited to wheat farming’
- ‘Brown is ill-suited to the latter half of this role.’
- ‘They had two sons and the marriage proved durable, but they were temperamentally ill-suited.’
- ‘The island is full of impenetrable virgin forest ill-suited to bikes, leaving the last leg to be completed on foot.’
- ‘In all likelihood, the student will be ill-suited to the demands of a university course, as the ever increasing number of drop-outs shows.’
- ‘For the best part of two decades, the music industry had no idea what to do with Johnny Cash, and no concept was considered too ill-suited or humiliating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.