One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not ready or prepared for something.‘his light clothing left him ill-prepared for the rain’
- ‘It has also revealed a nation ill-prepared to cope.’
- ‘Your children will absorb your fear, rather than what you are trying to say, and will be ill-prepared to cope with a crisis.’
- ‘Some companies are said to be ill-prepared and concerned that they will not be able to find the money.’
- ‘A report from the Chartered Management Institute reveals businesses in London are ill-prepared to cope with disaster and disruption.’
- ‘And if we had been reading them correctly, for what they told us, not what we wanted to hear, we would not have been so ill-prepared for the actual electoral results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.