One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having bad manners; not behaving well in social situations.‘ill-mannered and unruly children’
bad-mannered, rude, unmannerly, mannerless, impolite, discourteous, uncivil, abusive, disagreeableView synonyms
- ‘When Winston Churchill visited Bletchley during the war to make a speech to the codebreakers, he thought they were ill-dressed, ill-mannered and eccentric.’
- ‘But many people, however, now celebrate and defend rude, ill-mannered behavior.’
- ‘I found him to be ill-mannered and didn't take to him at all.’
- ‘Golf parties are not notoriously rowdy or ill-mannered.’
- ‘It was quite rude and ill-mannered of you to make them wait on you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.