One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behaving badly.‘the most ill-behaved lot of kids and pets you've ever seen’
- ‘And his predicament is making life a misery for his identical twin brother Mark, who is finding it more and more difficult to persuade publicans he is not his ill-behaved brother.’
- ‘For a start, there is the disruption to other children in school who suffer from the disturbances caused by ill-behaved pupils and who take up more and more of the teachers' time.’
- ‘That they disintegrated to an ill-behaved rabble, with senior players in open dissent, was unforgivable.’
- ‘My own view is that people are ill-behaved when drunk because they know that there are no effective punishments for serious crimes like stabbing assaults let alone minor vandalism.’
- ‘The end result is that Zachery is now suspended from playing anything on the computer for the next three days (or longer, if he is ill-behaved anymore).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.