One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the ilium or the nearby regions of the lower body.‘the iliac artery’
- ‘The other case showed a similar appearance with mild induration and mild swelling in the right iliac region.’
- ‘Aneurysms of the infrarenal abdominal aorta and iliac arteries coexist to such a degree that they may be considered a single clinical entity.’
- ‘At this level the bifurcation of the abdominal aorta into common iliac arteries has almost been completed.’
- ‘This dilation may extend into the iliac arteries or above the renal vessels.’
- ‘The left common iliac artery is seen at the point of bifurcation into external and internal iliac arteries.’
Early 16th century: from late Latin iliacus, from ilia ‘entrails’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.