Inflammation of the ileum.
- ‘Advances in molecular techniques have by and large established the aetiology of regional ileitis (Crohn's disease) due to M. paratiibercnlosis, a species closely related to M. avium.’
- ‘The ileitis in this disease is acute and subacute.’
- ‘Ten percent of cases have backwash ileitis with involvement of the terminal ileum.’
- ‘A woman patient of ours had had multiple operations on her bowel for ileitis and colitis induced by radiation.’
- ‘Feeding hay to pigs is an aid for ileitis,’ Dan Wilson said.’