Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the ileum.
- ‘Advances in molecular techniques have by and large established the aetiology of regional ileitis (Crohn's disease) due to M. paratiibercnlosis, a species closely related to M. avium.’
- ‘A woman patient of ours had had multiple operations on her bowel for ileitis and colitis induced by radiation.’
- ‘The ileitis in this disease is acute and subacute.’
- ‘Feeding hay to pigs is an aid for ileitis,’ Dan Wilson said.’
- ‘Ten percent of cases have backwash ileitis with involvement of the terminal ileum.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.