The meal eaten by Muslims after sunset during Ramadan.
- ‘Firstly, there is no need to consume excess food at Iftar (the food eaten immediately after sunset to break the fast), dinner or Sahur (the light meal generally eaten about half an hour to one hour before dawn).’
- ‘As the time for the evening Iftar - the breaking of the Ramadan fast - drew closer, the squatters became more desperate.’
- ‘In the Month of Ramadan, specially at the time of Iftar (breaking of the fast), a lot of dishes are prepared.’
- ‘After the award ceremony and Iftar (a typical Ramadan meal), the celebration continued with music and dancing.’
- ‘Ramadan is followed by Iftar, a sumptuous banquet where friends and family gather to celebrate the break of fast.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.