One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One should make a conspicuous and confident show of one's wealth or attributes rather than be modest about them.
- ‘By the 1990s, Girl Power - a term invented by the Spice Girls - had come to mean ‘If you've got it, flaunt it!’.’
- ‘Never has the phrase ‘if you've got it, flaunt it’ seemed less appropriate.’
- ‘Hair - if you've got it, flaunt it! Big hair is in.’
- ‘Rather than hiding refrigerators and dishwashers behind fitted panelling, many fashion-conscious consumers are now taking an ‘if you've got it, flaunt it’ approach with their kitchen appliances, making them a feature in themselves.’
- ‘Sure, there's a degree of pretension evident in those titles, but if you've got it, flaunt it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.