One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is, of course, the height of luxury, and its grounds roll idyllically from a croquet lawn to an organic vegetable plot to an ornamental Japanese garden.’
- ‘Weather can be extreme, the climate producing idyllically still hot days and abrasive howling winds.’
- ‘The initiation week was idyllically fun and adventurous but frustratingly empty, because most of the people I looked up to either left the college or got segregated to different classes.’
- ‘If one were doing a screenplay, it should not (MGM-style) show young Cathy and young Heathcliff idyllically united.’
- ‘The hall, now a hotel, is idyllically located on an island which is accessible only by a narrow, iron footbridge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.