One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting any disease or condition which arises spontaneously or for which the cause is unknown.
- ‘Panayiotopoulos syndrome is a new idiopathic childhood epilepsy, recently recognised by the International League Against Epilepsy.’
- ‘Basically, idiopathic pericarditis is a disease of exclusion.’
- ‘Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.’
- ‘Little is known about the pathogenesis of cough in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.’
- ‘Psychiatric symptoms frequently coexist with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and are often underdiagnosed and poorly treated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.