One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their system was an integrated technology of stylus, clay, and cuneiform that was at first pictographic and became in due course ideographic and syllabographic.’
- ‘The sad truth is that even chimpanzees and rats can learn to read simple ideographic language.’
- ‘Kanji characters, on the other hand, are ideographic, and often have several pronunciations and multiple meanings.’
- ‘Ancient Egyptians developed a pictographic and ideographic writing system known as hieroglyphics.’
- ‘Object-naming tasks employ pictures, and kanji characters are ideographic and sometimes pictorial in nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.