One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ancient Egyptians developed a pictographic and ideographic writing system known as hieroglyphics.’
- ‘Kanji characters, on the other hand, are ideographic, and often have several pronunciations and multiple meanings.’
- ‘The sad truth is that even chimpanzees and rats can learn to read simple ideographic language.’
- ‘Object-naming tasks employ pictures, and kanji characters are ideographic and sometimes pictorial in nature.’
- ‘Their system was an integrated technology of stylus, clay, and cuneiform that was at first pictographic and became in due course ideographic and syllabographic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.